Simulated Game and Clay Pigeon Shooting
Shooting at Firle
Firle offers you and your guests a day of traditional and authentic driven-style Simulated Game Shooting.
Set within the stunning South Downs in East Sussex, Firle Place is regarded as one of the country’s top 50 shooting estates.
This is your opportunity to enjoy shooting on some of the finest drives available with plenty of fast, high and challenging targets.
• Simulated Game Shooting.
• Pre-season warm ups.
• Taster/introduction days – “A Shot in The Park”.
• Corporate/family events
• Trap hire at your outside event.
We organise and run shoot days for groups of up to 14 guns, whether you are an experienced gun or relatively new to the sport.
Using only state-of-the-art Bowman game trailers, as well as individually placed traps we provide a challenging and wide variety of style of targets such as ‘pheasant’, ‘partridge’ and ‘grouse’.
We shoot as pairs – Gun and Loader – who swap over during each drive and also move up say 3 pegs as well.
In effect that means that everyone shoots each drive twice but the second time is from a different position!
It also means there’s a lot of shooting, hence the need to bring 2 slabs (500 cartridges) each and I strongly advise 21/24 gram loads because of that amount of shooting. Cartridges must be fibre wad.
Please contact us for more information on shooting at Firle.
The Beacon Day – (£195 per person)
A full day’s shooting for between six and 14 guns–*please call for availability.
Book a day just for your Syndicate, Friends or as a Corporate Day.
* Traditional styled driven shooting on the stunning South Downs.
Thousands of challenging and testing ‘birds’.
* An ideal opportunity for practise and for honing those skills.
* Your Shoot Breakfast and Lunch are included.
* New Drives and more Traps.
* Typically a Gun will require 350-500, fibre wad only, cartridges.
* Non-shooting guests are welcome – a small amount will be charged to cover meals.
You can purchase cartridges by prior arrangement and production of a valid Shotgun Certificate.
You will need to bring proof of insurance such as your membership cards for BASC, CPSA, CLA, CA or similar insurance document and also your Shotgun Certificate (SGC) to a shoot day.
Or, alternatively, please book to come to one of our:
‘Open’ Beacon Days
Open Beacon Days’ are designed for Single, 2’s or 3’s or smaller teams who will come together to share their day with other individuals and smaller groups to make a squad of a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14 Guns.
The Day will be run in exactly the same way as our very popular full 4 drive Beacon Day and includes your shoot breakfast and lunch and all at a fraction of the cost of a day’s live game shooting!
Dates for these Open Beacon Days are released throughout the year so please contact us for the next dates.
We also offer:
“A Shot in The Park” – (£95 per person)
This option is mainly aimed at those who have not shot before but if there are guests who are experienced they will find plenty to enjoy too.
This is a great and fun option as a family or corporate day out in the beautiful Firle Park and comprises of approx. a 3 to 4 hour morning or afternoon session.
We cover gun and shooting safety followed by basic principles and techniques of shotgun shooting and then of course lots and lots of opportunity to shoot and break some clays pigeons.
We quite often build in a competition element to all this which is fun and something to chat over a drink afterwards.
*Please contact us for costs and availability.
“This makes having a great day’s shooting on the Firle Estate even more accessible to more people than ever before”. John
407 total views, 1 today
- Hemsworth and District Clay Pigeon Club (2 views)
- Fenland Shooting (1 views)
- Gravelley bridge air rifle club. (1 views)
- Isle of Rum Stag Stalking (1 views)
- Thackson`s Well Farm Shoot (1 views)
- Thackson`s Well Farm Shoot (1 views)
- Various Days in the heart of the Vale of belvoir (1 views)
- Rough Shoot (1 views)
- Rough shooting close to Ruthin, North Wales (1 views)
- Thursday 7th October, 200 bird day, 3 guns available (1 views)