- Contact: Oliver
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07745 694295
- Trade or Private: Private
- Listed: 2nd February 2021 9:30 am
- Expires: 147 days, 13 hours
Help required for Small Driven Shoot in Oxfordshire
A small family shoot which has been in existence since 1954, and after a hiatus has recently been reestablished.
The role involves working alongside the shoot owner, volunteers and a large farming team to deliver a fun and family oriented shoot.
The role involves
– General development of the shoot
– Generally management of the birds (pheasants and partridge).
– Managing feeding
– Shoot asset maintenance (pens, feeders, etc).
– Improving the farms environment and conservation within the confines of DEFRA’s environmental schemes.
– Generally keeping the land rubbish free, and tidy.
– Development of a shooting hut from old cow shed.
– Managing volunteers (Shoot Guns) to help (when needed) with shoot maintenance and feeding.
– Managing beating team on shoot days. (Can be negotiable)
– Record Keeping to be part of farm assured scheme.
– Vermin control to include the opportunity for lots of pigeon shooting.
– General conservation and tidying of the shoots habitat
– Taking delivery of the birds in July and August
The infrastructure of the shoot is in good condition, with pens, feeders and drinkers in place. (We may look to build an additional pen)
There is a quad bike and trailer for getting round as necessary.
We shoot six- seven days always on a Saturday between mid-October and the end of the season.
We have two large and established duck flighting reservoirs, with a further smaller duck pond.
The shoot is across 1000 acres. of arable farm land, small bits of woodland and environment scheme cover.
To include use of a farm quad bike and trailer.
There will be an expectation to liaise and work with farm staff in relation to farming and shooting. To include use of staff room and workshop. (The farming operation always has priority).
The expectation is:
To create something that is good fun, 50+ birds a day, 6 days a year.
The wage is negotiable and there maybe additional work available within the set up of the farm for the right person.
353 total views, 1 today
- Driven Pheasant Shooting Syndicate Vacancies – North Cumbria (3 views)
- Game syndicate positions available (3 views)
- Prairie Shoot (2 views)
- Pigeon shooting (2 views)
- Part Time Gamekeeper Opportunity (1 views)
- Driven game syndicate (1 views)
- Firle Shooting (1 views)
- Woodpigeon shooting in Fife Scotland (1 views)
- Roe Deer Stalking (1 views)
- Pheasant shoot (1 views)