Friendly relaxed and developing shoot just south of Macclesfield, Cheshire. Large and varied ground with flight ponds, offering a variety of shooting types. The shoot covers nearly 800 acres and contains all sorts of habitat including woodland, pasture, scrub grass, rushes, gorse and bracken. The shoot holds pheasant, woodcock, duck, rabbit, and snipe. English and red-legged partridge have been seen. There are also two reservoirs either side of the shoot ground with natural duck, so ponds on the shoot are fed to bring the duck in. Driven and walked up shooting offered, with pest control days also available (fox, corvid, roaming pigeon, etc.).
The shoot is now in its second year under new management and its full potential is excellent and still being realised. Situated in a lovely position, offering excellent views of the surrounding moorland and accessible by car on a gravel track with a car parking area (so having a 4×4 is not essential). Food is often offered on shoot days and shoot photography is available. The shoot is laid back and friendly, but a focus on safety is always foremost. Shoot members must be members of BASC and work days are required (unless otherwise negotiated).
Shooting memberships are now available for £800 including five work days. See www.roughheyshoot.org for more information and photos. There’s something for everyone here, so if you like the sound of what we have to offer, we’d like to hear from you.
Contact Kate (shoot secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim (shoot manager) at 07866 958 885.
2046 total views, 2 today
- Pigeon shooting (19 views)
- Fenland shooting (13 views)
- Thackson`s Well Farm Shoot (11 views)
- Various Days in the heart of the Vale of belvoir (11 views)
- Pest Control Membership (11 views)
- Hall farm (11 views)
- Game syndicate positions available (9 views)
- Thursday 7th October, 200 bird day, 3 guns available (9 views)
- Thursday 23rd December, 125 bird day, 2 guns available (8 views)
- Full 200 Bird Driven Day, Monday 25th October 2021 (8 views)