Vacancy for 2017
I have one vacancy at the moment.
The land slopes down towards the Dee estuary and comprises two farms, a mixture of grazing, crops, ponds and woodland. The woodlands, copses and ponds have been fenced off as part of environmental improvements of the land and the cover is improving each year.
The shoot members carry out improvement work each year; thinning trees making rides in the woods, improving ponds and so on. Each member receives a map, clearly showing the shoot boundaries.
Access is very easy, as we are minutes away from the North Wales Expressway and not far from Chester.
We raise pheasants from poults, July to September, and members can help with checking, feeding and predator control. We use static feeders with wheat from September which are positioned around the shoot.
The shooting is “open” to members for pigeon, crow and other vermin shooting. Just ring or text to let me know when you want to go out and again to tell me what the bag was at the end of your visit. When the farmer reports having trouble with woodpigeons, I text members to let them know.
We have set organised shoot days October, November and December when we meet and shoot as two teams, alternating between standing and beating. As well as pheasants and ducks, the bag can include woodcock, pigeon, crows, rabbits, foxes and occasionally geese. The bag is shared between the members at the end of the shoot.
Members can also stay for evening flight at our ponds.
January is “open” for walked up game, wildfowl and vermin shooting on Saturdays and Wednesdays. (Duck flighting is limited to fortnightly to avoid overshooting).
Dogs are more than welcome, and an asset to the shoot! (There are sheep, cattle and horses, so good control is essential).
£400 per year plus a one off joining fee in the first year of £30.
We aim to have enjoyable days, shooting responsibly and in good company.
596 total views, 3 today
- Friendly farm shoot in Norfolk (7 views)
- Essex Pigeon and Vermin Shooting (5 views)
- Deer Stalking in Norfolk and Suffolk (5 views)
- Syndicate, game and vermin shooting and Lamping (5 views)
- Full 9 gun team on a 200 bird day (4 views)
- Wildfowling on the Ouse Washes and the Wash – Fenland Wildfowlers Association (4 views)
- Driven pheasants at Sweethope Shooting (4 views)
- Boyce Court (3 views)
- Walked Up / Rough / Mini Driven / Friendly Syndicate, Powys (3 views)
- Huntingdon & District Shooting Association (3 views)