Sweethope Shooting is a small friendly shoot in the Scottish Borders close to the town of Kelso.
The shoot area extends over more than 400 hectares (1000 acres) of rolling farmland, using both young and mature woodlands, as well as planted game cover. There are also two small duck flighting ponds and an area of wetland, part of Lurgie Loch, also known as the bog.
This array of habitats means that there is a range of sporting opportunities on offer in addition to pheasants (both wild and reared). These include woodcock, snipe, duck, pigeon, rabbit and hare as well as roe deer stalking.
By special arrangement, any game shot during your visit may be smoked by the Tombuie Smokehouse, part of Hardiesmill Place next door.
As we are only about 5 miles from Kelso, there is plenty of local accommodation both in Kelso as well as pubs, hotels and B&B in the surrounding area. There are also no shortage of places to experience the fine dining and excellent local produce that makes the Scottish Borders such a treat to visit.
Bookings can be made for either walked up or driven days and lunch (cooked or cold) can be provided if required. Every booking is tailored to the customer’s requirements with the aim of providing a fantastic shooting experience.
Driven days are for 6 to 8 guns. Ladies Day also available. One to one guided stalking.
We aim to provide a fun day out, even if your dog is not perfect!
2833 total views, 3 today
- Hemsworth and District Clay Pigeon Club (5 views)
- Boxing Day Shoot – Pheasant & Partridge (5 views)
- DRIVEN PHEASANT SHOOTING PEGS AVAILABLE – NORTH CUMBRIA (5 views)
- Prairie Shoot (5 views)
- Walk/Stand Rough shoot vacancies in small friendly syndicate (5 views)
- Corporate Clay Pigeon Shooting Days, Derbyshire (4 views)
- 16th OCTOBER – DRIVEN PHEASANT SHOOTING PEGS AVAILABLE – NORTH CUMBRIA (4 views)
- Simulated Driven Game at Teasses Estate (4 views)
- Shropshire based simulated days in June (4 views)
- Shropshire based simulated days in April (4 views)