We’re hosting ‘The Complete Game Experience’ in association with Fieldsports Magazine to bring a unique opportunity to spend two full days with two of the South West’s most inspiring Gamesmen, Tim Maddams and Frank Shellard.
Tim is a chef, food writer and cookery teacher with a love of the Great British countryside and wild food. He has worked under such culinary luminaries as Fergus Henderson, Marco Pierre White and Mark Hix. Tim has just written and published the River Cottage Game Handbook and whose knowledge of game is second to none.
Frank Shellard owns and runs Manor Farm Estate, and is a qualified CPSA instructor. This is a family run shoot in Wellow just south of Bath. Locally known as “Shellards Shoot” it won The Shooting Times best small shoot in 2013.
You’ll start the day with a warm welcome at Shellards Shoot, a few breakfast bites and given a full briefing for the day.
Each of the 10 participants will get to shoot on a 100-bird driven day, with lunch included.
Afterwards you’ll be treated to a magnificent game dinner (with wine) cooked by Tim Maddams, hosted in the Vale House Kitchen cellar. A night’s accommodation will be provided at the Carpenter’s Arms in Stanton Wick.
You’ll spend the day taking part in a game butchery and cookery course hosted by Tim Maddams at Vale House Kitchen. He’ll show you just how to bring out the best in game, with a series of practical preparation and creative cookery tasks. You’ll be shown a modern approach to game cookery as well as the more traditional style, starting with the whole animal and ending with a delicious three-course meal. “The trouble with game”, remarks Tim, “is that it’s often a case of feast or famine and it’s all to easy to get stuck in a rut with the cookery”. This course will give you the confidence to put game back on the menu in your own kitchen.
Lunch is included.
1648 total views, 1 today
- Prairie Shoot (31 views)
- DRIVEN PHEASANT SHOOTING PEGS AVAILABLE – NORTH CUMBRIA (14 views)
- No frills walked up pheasant shooting – North Herefordshire (11 views)
- Driven Pheasant Shooting Syndicate Vacancies – North Cumbria (10 views)
- Fallow and Muntjac deer stalking (10 views)
- Fishing and hunting destination (9 views)
- Shropshire Syndicate (8 views)
- Driven Pheasant Shooting North Herefordshire. (8 views)
- 16th OCTOBER – DRIVEN PHEASANT SHOOTING PEGS AVAILABLE – NORTH CUMBRIA (8 views)
- Wildfowling on the Ouse Washes and the Wash – Fenland Wildfowlers Association (7 views)