- Listed: 14th September 2016 11:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Help required for Small Driven Shoot in Chichester Harbour
The gamekeeping on this family shoot which has been running for fifty years is shared between a group of keen helpers who are looking for more members to join the team. The role involves joining the team in.
- Maintaining the pens and shoot hut in the off season.
- Feeding, particularly from July to March
- Vermin control – lamping, gassing and trapping
- General maintenance
- Ordering and taking delivery of the birds in July and August
- Helping with shoot lunches and running the beating line
The infrastructure of the shoot is in good condition with all pens, feeders and drinkers in place. There is a quad bike and trailer for getting round as necessary.
We shoot seven days always on a Saturday between mid-October and the end of the season and put down 600 pheasant, 400 partridge and 150 duck, shooting over 600 acres. The average bag is c. 60.
Lunch is a cheese roll and mug of soup with the keeper / beaters organise and provide in a hut. The guns normally provide a lengthy and hearty elevenses for beaters and guns. There are normally twelve guns in the line and c. fifteen beaters.
The role is unpaid although reasonable costs are covered; there is lots of pigeon shooting and vermin control and, of course, a beater’s day with the option for another keeper’s day and possibly some flighting. It would suit someone living within twenty minutes of Bosham who wants to get involved in a shoot.
mobile +44 (0) 7775 572141
3678 total views, 3 today
- Full Gun Available Chipping Ongar (10 views)
- Hall farm (10 views)
- Various Days in the heart of the Vale of belvoir (6 views)
- Thursday 23rd December, 125 bird day, 2 guns available (5 views)
- A friendly rough shoot near Chester (5 views)
- Wildfowling on the North Shore of the Humber Estuary – Hull and East Riding Wildfowler’s Association. (4 views)
- SCOTLAND INLAND GOOSE & DUCK SHOOTING DEER STALKING (4 views)
- Simulated Driven Game at Teasses Estate (4 views)
- Thursday 21st October, 200 bird day, 2 guns available (4 views)
- Shropshire Syndicate (4 views)