Wildfowling on the North Shore of the Humber Estuary – Hull and East Riding Wildfowler’s Association.
Hull and East Riding Wildfowlers Association (HERWA) shoots over large stretches of foreshore at both ends of the North Shore of the Humber Estuary under an annual permit scheme.
At the Eastern seaward end of the Estuary, HERWA shooting is leased at Sunk Island and the Club has access to foreshore shooting all the way to Spurn Bight.
At the western end of the Estuary (upper Humber) the Association has extensive foreshore access and owns several sections of land that are being developed in collaboration with the Environment Agency as wetland conservation and wildlife habitat improvement sites.
All shooting is under permit with the main quarry being mallard, wigeon, teal, greylag geese and migratory pink foot geese.
The Association is affiliated to BASC and has an active social calendar with regular club meetings.
There is a clay shooting section with friendly shoots and competitions throughout the summer months.
The Association organises familiarisation visits for new members and has the distinction of shooting over the same foreshore as the fabled Stanley Duncan.
Annual Subscriptions for 2021 / 22 season are as follows:
Full member – £139.00 including BASC club membership subscription and outer Humber permits. Upper Humber permits are purchased separately for £50 per annum if applicable.
Junior member – £29.00 including junior BASC club membership subscription and all permits.
BASC will usually refund the club membership subscription if you are already a BASC member.
For further details please see our website: www.herwa.org.uk
2947 total views, 2 today
- Pigeon shooting (14 views)
- Fenland shooting (10 views)
- Thackson`s Well Farm Shoot (10 views)
- Hall farm (9 views)
- Game syndicate positions available (9 views)
- Full 200 Bird Driven Day, Monday 25th October 2021 (8 views)
- Thursday 7th October, 200 bird day, 3 guns available (8 views)
- Various Days in the heart of the Vale of belvoir (8 views)
- Pest Control Membership (7 views)
- Thursday 23rd December, 125 bird day, 2 guns available (7 views)